Педагогика и дидактика
1. Can we say that theatres in London are quite different from that in other countries? 2. What opportunity do you have, if you want to spend an enjoyable evening? 3. Where are the best seats at the theatres?
Тема “Theatre” (lesson 19)
I. Revision of the vocabulary.
Pg. 288-290, ex. XII, pg. 293.
II. Checking home task.
1) Ex. XI, pg. 293.
2) Answer the questions to this text.
1. Can we say that theatres in London are quite different from that in other countries?
2. What opportunity do you have, if you want to spend an enjoyable evening?
3. Where are the best seats at the theatres?
4. Where the seats are much cheaper?
5. What are the most expensive seats?
6. The Englishmen usually try to visit opera at least once during the season, dont they? Why?
7. How can you characterize the plays staged at the British theatres?
8. When you are at the theatre you want to sit as near to the stage as possible, dont you?
9. Is it the same when you are in the cinema?
3) Change these sentences into disjunctive questions.
1. Theatres are much the same in London as anywhere else, … (arent they)?
2. Youll have no difficulty in finding somewhere to spend an enjoyable evening, … (wont you)?
3. Films are shown in the cinemas during the greater part of the day, … (arent they)?
4. Most theatres and music-halls have good orchestras with popular conductors, … (dont they)?
5. Opera wont interest you, if youre not fond of music and singing, … (will it)?
6. People usually prefer to sit as near to the stage as possible, … (dont they)?
7. Being at the cinema, I dont take a seat close to the screen, … (do I)?
8. In fact, its better to sit further away, … (isnt it)?
III. Work on the text.
1. Ex. XVI, pg. 295.
2. Retelling of the text.
Write down a short story or a dialogue, using these expressions.
1. the other day, to make a deep impression on, on the programme, to ask, to receive a prize, to describe
2. What luck running into you, to manage, to be delighted, to hurry, we have … left
3. to invite, to be on, to play a part, acting, to be a success, to burst into applause, to enjoy
V. Home task.
Ex. XXIII (A), pg. 297