Иностранные языки, филология и лингвистика
Until reccently the history of the english theatre has been build around actors rather then companies. It has been hard to find any London theatre that even had a consistent policy. There are no permanent staff in British theatres. Apply is rehearsed for a few weeks by a company of actors working together mostly for the first time...
ЛУГАНСЬКА ДЕРЖАВНА АКАДЕМІЯ КУЛЬТУРИ І МИСТЕЦТВ
кафедра теорії та практики перекладу
з англійської мови №3
Виконав: студент групи _______
Until reccently the history of the english theatre has been build around actors rather then companies. It has been hard to find any London theatre that even had a consistent policy. There are no permanent staff in British theatres. Apply is rehearsed for a few weeks by a company of actors working together mostly for the first time and it is allowed to run as long as it draws the odious and pays it's way.
Another peculiarity of the theatres in Great Britain is an follows: there are two kinds of seats, which can be booked an advanced (bookable), and unbookable once have no numbers and the spectators occupy them on the principal: first come - first served. And ancient times plays were acted inside churches and later on the market places.
The first theatre in England "The Blackfries" build in 1576, and "The Globe" build in 1599, which is closely connected with William Shakespeare. Speaking about our times we should first of all mention "The English National theatre","The Royal Shakespeare company" and "Covent Garden".
"Covent Garden" used to be a fashionable promenade - it was, before then, a convent garden - but when it became overrun with flower-sellers, orange-vendors and vegetable-growers, the people moved to more exclusive surroundings farther west, such as "St. Jame's Square".
The first "Covent Garden theatre" was build in 1732. It was burnt down in 1808 and rebuild exactly a year after. It opened in September 1809, with Shakespeare's "Macbeth". Since the middle of the last century "Covent Garden" became exclusively devoted to opera.
Now "Covent Garden" in busier than ever, it is one of the few well-known opera houses open for 11 months of the year and it employs over 600 people both of the Opera company and the Royal Ballet.
THE NATIONAL THEATRE
It took over the hundred years to establish a national theatre company. It's first director from 1962 was Lawrence Olivier. This is the first state theatre Britain has ever had. A special building for it was opened in 1976. It has three theatres in one: "The Oliver theatre", the biggest is for the main classical repertoire; "The Lyttilton", a bit smaller is for new writing and for visiting foreigh countries and "The Cottesloe theatre", the smallest is used for experimental writing and productions. "The Royal Shakespeare company" are devided between the country and the capital and it's produces plays mainly by Shakespeare and his contempraries when it performs is "Stratford -on-Avon", and modern plays in it's two auditoria in the Cities, Barbican centre.
Use Present Continuous or Present Simple Tense.
1. I (not to drink) coffee now. I (to write) an English exercise.
2. I (not to drink) coffee in the evening. I (to drink) coffee in the morning.
3. Your friend (to do) his homework now?
4. Your friend (to go) to school in the morning?
5. Look! The baby (to sleep).
6. The baby always (to sleep) after dinner.
7. My grandmother (not to work). She is on pension.
8. My father (not to sleep) now. He (work) in the garden.
9. I usually (to get) up at ten o'clock in the morning.
10. What your sister (to do) now? - She (to wash) her face and hands.
11. When you usually (to come) home after school? - I (to come) at three o'clock.
12. Your cousin (to work)? - He (to work) at a hospital.
13. Your sister (to study) at an institute? - No, she (to study) at school.
14. My cousin (to go) to school every day.
15. My mother (not to play) the piano now. She (to play) the piano in the morning.
Open the brackets using the given verbs in Present Continuous, Present Simple, Future Simple.
1. The match (finish) at half past nine, so I`ll be at home by ten o`clock.
2. My elder sister (finish) school in June.
3. The population of our city (reach) one million by 2010.
4. There is somebody at the door. I (open).
5. Sam`s plane (arrive) at midnight.
6. My sister (not/rest) now. She (help) mother in the kitchen. She (help) mother every day.
7. We (go) to the country the day after tomorrow.
8. She (cook) breakfast for us.
9. I (meet) Jane after work today.
10. My sister (learn) French at night school.
11. The bag looks heavy. I (help) you with it.
12. I fell a bit hungry. I think I (take)something to eat.
Open the brackets using the given verbs in Present Simple or Future Simple.
1. Don't go away until mother (to come) back. Give her the note as soon as she (to come). 2. You (to go) to the library with us? - No, I .... I (to stay) here and (to help) Jane with her grammar. I (to come) to the library after I (to finish).
3. Ring me up before you (to come).
4. I (to speak) to Mary if I (to see) her today.
5. I (not to speak) to him until he (to apologize).
6. Peter (to introduce) us to his friend as soon as we (to meet) them.
7. We (to go) to the station to meet Sergei when he (to come).
Write positive or negative sentences in Future Simple Tense.
2. (We/go shopping)
3. (The sun/shine)
6. It (rain/not) tomorrow.
7. I promise I (be/not) late.
8. We (start/not) to watch the film without you.
9. The bus (wait/not) for us.
10. He (believe/not) us.
Write questions in Future Simple Tense.
1. (what/learn/they) ?
2. (it/snow) ?
3. (when/you/come/home) ?
4. (she/forgive/me) ?
5. (what/say/he) ?
Fill in the correct adverb form (comparative or superlative) of the adjectives in brackets.
1. I speak English (fluent) now than last year.
2. She greeted me (polite) of all.
3. She smiled (happy) than before.
4. This girl dances (graceful) of all.
5. Could you write (clear) ?
6. Planes can fly (high) than birds.
7. He had an accident last year. Now, he drives (careful) than before.
8. Jim can run (fast) than John.
9. Our team played (bad) of all.
10. He worked (hard) than ever before.
Fill in the correct forms of adverbs and adjectives.
1. Sam's idea sounds а (good) but I like Carol's idea even а (good).
2. Every morning I get up 10 minutes а (early) than my sister.
3. What are the а(dangerous) animals in Australia?
4. I can run as а(fast) as my elder brother.
5. You should buy the blue sweater. It suits you а(good) than the red one and I think it fits а(perfect)
6. If you worked а (careful), you would make а(few) mistakes.
7. Joy Fielding writes the а (exciting) books I've ever read.
8. Caroline is the а (pretty) dressed girl in this room.
9. Vienna is the а (large) town in Austria.
10. Please, speak а (clear), I а(hard) understand the instructions.
11. Bob ran а (slow) than his classmates.
12. Jo is the а (good) footballer in my team and he plays very а(fair).
Complete the following exercise with adjective or adverb form of the words.
1. That pitbull looks . (angry)
2. She spoke . (quiet)
3. Erica listened to her mother . (careful)
4. Mary makes mistakes. (careless)
5. Children grow (quick)
6. He is very today. (happy)
7. It's raining . (heavy)
8. Morgan was hurt in a car accident. (serious)
9. His situation was very . (serious)
Continue the following sentences (with the construction “to be going to”) and make them interrogative.
1. I am going to….
2. You are going to ….
3. He is going to ………
4. She is going to …….
5. It is going to ……
6. We are going to…..
7. They are going to ……
Make questions from the following sentences
1. I'm going to see him later today.
2. They're going to launch it next month.
3. We're going to have lunch first.
4. She's going to see what she can do.
5. I'm not going to talk for very long.
Підготуйте розмовні теми:
А также другие работы, которые могут Вас заинтересовать
|60283.||Державні і народні символи України, та їх історичне походження||60 KB|
|Мета. Ознайомити дітей з національними та народними символами України; формувати національну свідомість школярів; виховувати почуття любові до своєї землі; виховувати патріотів рідної держави, повагу до її символів, розширювати пізнавальні інтереси школярів.|
|60284.||Внеклассное мероприятие: За здоровый образ жизни||159.5 KB|
|Цель: научить детей вести здоровый образ жизни Задачи: пропаганда здорового образа жизни; закрепление знаний правил личной гигиены; развитие общей культуры личности учащихся, расширение кругозора...|
|60285.||Свято «У чистій воді риби багато, у доброзичливої людини друзів багато»||141.5 KB|
|Мета: шляхом створення психологічних ситуацій вибору підвести учнів з мовленевими вадами до розуміння важливості взаємодопомоги в колективі; сприяти створенню дружнього дитячого колективу, виховувати чемне ставлення учнів одне до одного.|
|60286.||Урок мужества: «Эхо победы»||108 KB|
|Выходит 1 группа детей: Отгремели давно залпы наших орудий А в воронке от бомбы трава мурава Но войну не забыли суровые люди И смеются сквозь слезы Ведь память жива Они помнят походы и дальние страны И простые от сердца народа слова.|
|60287.||Корисні і шкідливі звички||54 KB|
|Мета: Поглибити знання учнів про корисні та шкідливі звички; виховувати негативне ставлення до шкідливих звичок бажання вести здоровий спосіб життя. Є звички квітки звички як дуби є гарні звички звички є погані.|
|60288.||ДО СВИДАНИЯ, ОСЕНЬ!||65 KB|
|Отгадать загадку просит: Кто художник этот 1 Кто сегодня в парке нашем Листья красками раскрасил И кружит их с веток сносит Это наступила осень 2 От дождя деревья мокнут Лужи всё никак не сохнут.|